lundi 27 août 2007

I'm getting on it

Hello everyone :-)

This is my first post in english 'cause I just want to write in english and it is a good proof that I am not homesick. So, here everything goes well I'm getting in touch with many guys. For people who don't know about it I live in Taos, a coop (here's the link of what it is : www.collegehouses.org). My coop is Taos. it's a big building (like every building around here) where 130 people are living in different rooms (alone or with a roomate) and they share all tasks like cooking, cleaning, buying some food, fixing computers and stuffs like that. So we people know that they are going to see others all the time so they really want to know you and, you know, it's not just few questions and bye bye I've never seen you the day after..no people chat with you again so you can have friends quickly. NOw the coop does not really work but it's just a matter of a couple of days.
So, what's about my life here? I definitely like the US so I really feel at ease. there are many things different from France: people talks to you in the streets, the waiter is cooln everything is really organized. I mean, then university is so huge and students have to pay 4000 dollars for one semester so they can expect good materials: so they have three pool in the campus, a huge weight room, tennis, baseball, volleyball, basketball courts and provide you sport materials. That's cool.
What have I done since I arrived? Many stuff but I THINK my favourite one was yesterday evening. Jinova, a girl from Houston, invited me to dinner with others at a thai noodle house (miam ;-)) and we went to downtown to see people diving from a red bull boat (you know the enerhy beverage) in a car ( I'll post photos next day 'cause I am on the roof now, my roomate is sleeping and I don't want to annoy him I know you don't give a shit about that but it gives you a small sample of the atmosphere here). And come back to my story, we went to friends of one of the group, drinking some beers and smoked narguilhe (it reminded me France...) and we went on the roof. I met Alex, who is a very cool me, very interesting in many subjects...that's cool.
So here's what happened to me there :-)
See u :-)

I know I'm fucking foreigner, writing in english

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

It could be nice to translate...It's just a suggestion...

Anonyme a dit…

hey,

glad to see that you're having a badass time in ATX so far.
I was an exchange student in ATX last year and I spent the best year of my life.
A+